What is CRIAQ?
Developed by Terry Honess, Michael Maguire and Maurice Vanstone
Conflict Resolution, Impulsivity and Aggression Questionnaire
Simple and quick to use, CRIAQ is an instrument to assess and monitor changes in levels of aggression among violent offenders. It has been developed and standardised with the support of probation and prison staff using a population of UK offenders. Empirical trials have resulted in a successful preliminary validation of the scales using standard psychometric procedures and a comparison between offending types.
The CRIAQ profile is valuable to all those working with offenders for:
- initial assessments of individual offenders
- 'before and after' measures of the impact of interventions on individuals
- aggregated scores to evaluate the overall effectiveness of offending behaviour programmes and other interventions.
CRIAQ gives a score for each offender on two main scales:
Overall Score for Impulsivity and sub-scales:
- IMPULSIVITY WITH NO MANIFEST AGGRESSION
- IMPULSIVITY WITH AGGRESSION
Overall Score for Problems in Conflict Resolution and sub-scales:
- AGGRESSION IN CONFLICT RESOLUTION
- PHYSICAL VIOLENCE IN CONFLICT RESOLUTION
- LACK OF COMPROMISE IN CONFLICT RESOLUTION
Administered to offenders in groups or one-to-one on a routine basis, CRIAQ will have immediate relevance for the work of those working with violent offenders.
- Based on sound psychometric principles
- Easy administration and scoring
- Full documentation and manual